Saturday, February 21, 2015

This picture is taken in manual mode and is purposely overexposed to make the snow look worse than it really was.

Here the rose is breaking the rule of thirds, being perfectly centered. It also juxtaposes  a summer scene - blooming flowers - with winter in the background.

I hate winter. This is an ironic photo that is massively posed, with a smiley face comprised of two thermometers and a round table covered with snow. The holes in the table let the snow fall through, giving the face acne.


 A circuit board is utterly practical and devoid of much in the way of anything other than functionality. That harshness is reflected here. I used the harshest light I have, a 500 watt incandescent, to accentuate the shadows glaringly illuminate the board.
Nothing is in focus in this picture, on purpose, to soften the wintery effect.
The rule I broke here is that of propriety. I took it in Austin last week using an iPhone camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment